1. General Assessment Guidance
- Your summative assessment for this module is made up of this Coursework submission which accounts for 100% of the
- Please note late submissions will not be
- You are required to submit all elements of your assessment via Turnitin online access. Only submissions made via the specified mode will be accepted and hard copies or any other digital form of submissions (like via email or pen drive ) will not be accepted.
- For coursework, the submission word limit is 2500 You must comply with the word count guidelines. You may submit LESS than 2500 words but not more. Word Count guidelines can be found on the Assessment tab for your module.
- Do not put your name or contact details anywhere on your submission. You should only put your student registration number (SRN) which will ensure your submission is recognised in the marking
- A total of 100 marks are available for this module assessment, and you are required to achieve minimum 50% to pass this
- You are required to use only Harvard Referencing System in your submission. Any content which is already published by other author(s) and is not referenced will be considered as a case of
You can find further information on Harvard Referencing in the online library. You can use the following link to access this information: http://bpp.libguides.com/Home/StudySupport
- BPP University has a strict policy regarding authenticity of assessments. In proven instances of plagiarism or collusion, severe punishment will be imposed on offenders. You are advised to read the rules and regulations regarding plagiarism and collusion in the GARs and MOPP which are available on The Hub in the Academic registry section (found via Help & Support).
- You should include a completed copy of the Assignment Cover sheet. Any submission without this completed Assignment Cover sheet may be considered invalid and not marked.
2. Assessment Brief
The required submission for this assignment is a 2500 words “Personal Effectiveness Report”. Your report will analyse different business leaders’ personal effectiveness skills, evaluate social media platforms, and analyse methods of enhancing personal effectiveness.
Students are required to complete Three tasks:
- Analyse key competencies of different business leaders
- Evaluate social media platforms
- Analyse methods of enhancing personal effectiveness using social media The Learning Outcomes that you have to meet in order to pass this assessment are: (LO1) Critically evaluate how people learn for professional
(LO2) Appraise the key skills and behaviours required to be effective in a professional context.
(LO3) Demonstrate understanding of a range of methods of supporting personal effectiveness in a professional environment.
Your Personal Effectiveness Report should contain the following:
You should begin by an introduction to concept of personal effectiveness. You should also give a brief overview of tasks 1, 2 and 3.
Using the CEO Genome Project ONLY, assess how different business leaders demonstrate or lack key skills or behaviours of personal effectiveness.
N.B. To support your answer, you should refer to case studies and use additional reading resources from this module. You should also include ideas from articles on wider leadership concepts and personal effectiveness from the online library.
(This task meets LO2)
(Total marks for Task 1: 30% weighting)
- Describe the role of social media platforms in
- Critically evaluate the ability of social media platforms to enhance learning for professional
You should consider platforms such as LinkedIn, Google Docs or YouTube, and your evaluation should examine positive and negative aspects.
– You should support this evaluation with references to additional reading resources from this module. You should also include ideas from articles in the online library.
(This task meets LO1)
(Total marks for Task 2: 30% weighting)
- Conduct a self-assessment (by applying a Personal SWOT analysis, Covey’s 7 Habits
questionnaire or Ryff’s Six-Factor test) to identify areas of improvement for your personal effectiveness.
- Based on the results of your self-assessment, analyse methods for enhancing your personal effectiveness using social media platforms in a professional
N.B. You should support your answer with references to additional reading resources from this module. You should also include ideas from articles in the online library.
(This task meets LO3)
(Total marks for Task 3: 30% weighting)
You will need to summarise the key points of the assessment tasks.
You should end with a concluding statement on the main topic of the report.
Your business report should contain the following:
- BPP assignment cover sheet (including SRN and word count)
- Business report title page
- Contents page
- Introduction (250 words)
- Task 1 (800 words)
- Task 2 (600 words)
- Task 3 (600 words)
- Conclusion (250 words)
- References (Correct Harvard Referencing applied throughout, including in-text citation and reference list)
- Appendices (if required)
- Glossary (optional)
*(Total marks for introduction, conclusion and structure: 10 Marks)
Use of evidence in the report
Your report must contain evidence that you have read and understood the theories, models, additional reading and case studies in Personal Effectiveness on the Hub, and supplement this with reference to your own personal research in the online library.
Which forms of evidence must be in the report
- In-text citations and a bibliography: there must be frequent citations throughout your assignment; they should be supported by a reference list
- Links to theoretical frameworks: there must be at least one framework applied in Task 1
- References to the case studies: in the Case Study Review there must be frequent references to the case studies which can be found in the Apply section of every topic on the Hub
- References to additional reading and your own personal research: throughout your assignment there must be frequent references to the articles and videos in the Additional Reading and Videos section, which can be found in the Prepare section of every topic in the Hub
3. Marking Guide
|Fail (0-39%)||Low Fail (40-49%)||Pass (50-59%)||Merit (60-69%)||Distinction (70-100%)|
· Identification of positive and negative skills/behaviours of a business leader
· Link to case studies
· Evaluation of benefits and limitations of skills/behaviours
· Application of theory
|Weak and often implicit knowledge of business leaders’ skills and behaviours with significant gaps in understanding. Limited use of evidence supported by some evidence. Weak evaluation supported by a broad evidence base. No theory is present.||Limited and increasingly explicit knowledge of business leaders’ skills and behaviours. Limited use of evidence to support argumentation. Limited evaluation supported by a broad evidence base. Begins to analyse theory of effective skills and behaviours.||Satisfactory knowledge of business leaders’ skills and behaviours. Adequate use of evidence to support argumentation.
Satisfactory evaluation supported by well- reasoned arguments. Explicitly analyses theory of effective skills and behaviours.
|Good knowledge of business leaders’ skills and behaviours. Good use of evidence to support argumentation with some personal research into broader topics.
Good evaluation supported by original and imaginative arguments. Explores and analyses theory with considerable
|Excellent knowledge of business leaders’ skills and behaviours. Excellent use of evidence with extensive and original personal research into broader topics. Excellent evaluation supported by original, imaginative and coherent arguments.
Deeply explores and applied theory with clear originality and autonomy.
· Identification of the role of social media platforms in learning
· Evaluation of the ability of social media to enhance learning
|Weak and often implicit knowledge of the role of social media in learning. Weak or absent critical evaluation of social media platforms to enhance
|Limited and increasingly explicit knowledge of the role of social media in learning. Limited critical evaluation of social media platforms to enhance learning.||Satisfactory knowledge of the role of social media in learning. Satisfactory critical evaluation of social media platforms to enhance learning.||Good and clear knowledge of the role of social media in learning. Good critical evaluation of social media platforms to enhance learning.||Excellent knowledge of the role of social media in learning. Outstanding critical evaluation of social media platforms to enhance learning.|
· Summary of self-assessment results
· Analysis of social media platforms to enhance own personal effectiveness
|Weak and often implicit knowledge of self-assessment methods. Implicit or absent analysis of methods of supporting personal effectiveness through social media.||Limited and increasingly explicit knowledge of self-assessment methods. Begins to explore and analyse methods of supporting personal effectiveness through social media.||Satisfactory knowledge of self-assessment methods. Explores and explicitly analyses methods of supporting personal effectiveness through social media.||Good understanding of self-assessment methods. Explores and explicitly analyses methods of supporting personal effectiveness through social media with considerable originality.||Excellent understanding of self-assessment methods. Explores and explicitly analyses methods of supporting personal effectiveness through social media with considerable originality and
· Clear structure and layout
· Writing style: professional and concise
· Appropriate Harvard referencing range and credibility of the sources use and correct application of Harvard referencing style throughout report and appendices
|Inadequate references but may contain inconsistencies, errors or omissions. Limited structure and expression.||Limited references with errors or
Limited structure and expression.
|Satisfactory with full and appropriate
Satisfactory structured layout and mainly
|Good with precise, full and appropriate
Well-structured layout and professional and accurate expression.
|Excellent with precise, full and appropriate
Outstanding structured layout and professional and accurate expression.
Quality Content Writing Firm